Rhythm games have always been immensely popular in the gaming industry, but with the introduction of Osu! on 16 September 2007, this genre of the games started getting more widespread than ever.
Are you also a fan of Osu! game and want to download Osu! on Mac? If so, you are at the right place, as this guide will tell you how to download osu! on mac successfully without running into any issues.
What is Osu!?
Before getting started with the installation process, let’s just look into what Osu! is and why so many people want to play it.
Osu! is a highly addictive and engaging rhythm game where users have to play different songs and tunes through different activities shown on the main screen, including tapping, sliding, holding, and spinning.
Since the game was first designed for Microsoft and mobile users, many mac users had no real means of playing the game on their system. But soon after gaining a huge amount of popularity, the user base has come together to release an unofficial version for the Mac.
Now, let’s look at different methods to know how to download osu! on mac.
How to Download Osu! on Mac?
Although there is an unofficial version of the game available now, if something goes wrong and you can’t download it, we will provide an alternative method to Download OSU! on Mac.
1. Primary Method
The first method is plain and simple and only requires the following steps:
- Visit the unofficial website for Osu! And Download the game app in .zip format.
- After the download is finished, Unzip the file using any file extractor to gain access to the app folder.
- After the folder is extracted, open the folder and Right-Click on the app, and select Open. (Some users have reported running into problems when trying to access the app by double-pressing the Left-Click).
- Once the app starts running, it will finish the installation process automatically, and once it is done, the game will start immediately.
- After this, you will be prompted to either create a new Osu! Account or log in to an existing one.
Your game is now fully working and waiting to be played!
2. Alternative Method
If you are not able to install Osu! on your Mac from the earlier method, there are still chances to get it done using this alternative method. For this, you will have to install an android emulator on your Mac and then use it to download Osu! on mac.
In this situation, we will be using an Android-based emulator named BlueStacks, but there is no hard and fast rule for this, and you can use any Android-based emulator you want. If you are still having difficulty understanding it, the following steps will make it easier for you.
- Head to the official website for BlueStacks and download Osu! on mac.
- After the application is downloaded, run it and let it download all the additional resources it needs.
- Once the download finishes, you should be on the main screen. Double Left-Click on the Play Store and open it.
- Once the Play Store is opened, you will need to log into your existing account or create a new one if you don’t have one.
- After you have finished logging in, simply search Osu! in the search bar and install the official game that pops up on your screen.
- After the game has finished installing, it will start appearing on the main screen whenever you open BlueStacks.
- Open the game and log into your existing account or create a new one.
Now, you are successfully able to download Osu! on mac. Also, your game is ready to be played!
How to Uninstall Smite on Windows 10 and Mac
Are There Any Other Android-Based Emulators Available On The Internet?
Yes, there are many other Android-Based emulators currently present on the internet. Each of them is unique and provides certain types of features that you might not find in the other emulators. If we had to name a few of the popular ones, they’d include:
The best thing is that if you don’t like how BlueStacks feels or operates as some users have complained about the emulator being slow and laggy, you can use any other android-based emulator and follow the steps mentioned above to enjoy other games like Osu! on your Mac.
How to Uninstall NetBeans on Mac
Is Osu! A Free-To-Play Game?
Yes, unlike most popular games that require the user to pay a certain amount to purchase the game, Osu!, on the other hand, provides a great experience to all the players around the world without asking for money.
The only thing you might require to play this game is a decent Mac and a good internet connection. As long as you have these you are good to go.
Can You Play Osu! Without Installing It?
Yes, a Web Version is available for the game that allows you to play a huge library of songs by just using your browser. But since it is still in the testing phase, many people are facing glitches and technical difficulties.
Besides this, the website UI is not aesthetically pleasing compared to what you see in the game. So we would recommend you install the game instead if you are looking for an immersive experience and stay away from the glitches.
Can You Use An Emulator To Run Any Android Application Or Games On Your Mac?
Yes, after installing an Android-Based Emulator on your Mac, you can install most applications or games from the Google PlayStore and run it just like you would on any Android smartphone.
Although most applications can be installed, you might have to spend some time on key binding different buttons and actions to your Mac keyboard. The only reason for this is that these applications and games have not been officially released for the Mac.