Even though NetBeans is a useful application for app development, it can consume a huge chunk of your hard drive. So, if you don’t find the app useful, deleting it might be the best thing to do.
To delete NetBeans, you need to go to Finder and drag and drop the NetBeans icon to the Trash Bin. However, this isn’t enough. You need to delete all the junk files related to it as well.
In this guide, we’ll be discussing how to uninstall NetBeans on Mac completely by deleting both the app and junk files. So, let’s get started!
How to Uninstall NetBeans on Mac
If you’re no longer interested in keeping NetBeans on your Mac, you can uninstall it with either of the following methods.
1. Deleting NetBeans Manually
Deleting NetBeans manually is the most common and easiest way to uninstall it from your Mac. Here’s how you can do it.
- First of all, stop the running of NetBeans by right-clicking the app icon on the Dock. Click Exit/Quit.
- Now select Go – Utilities – Activity Monitor.
- Check the list of processes running in the background. Make sure NetBeans isn’t associated with any of the processes.
- If you find any NetBeans-related process running in the background, stop it by hitting the Quit Button.
- Go to Finder and open Applications Folder from the left pane.
- Search for the NetBeans Icon and drag it to the Trash Bin.
Apart from this, you can also uninstall NetBeans on mac by navigating to the About this Mac option located on your Mac. Let’s find out how.
- Right-click the NetBeans Icon from Dock. Click Exit/Quit.
- Go to Utilities and select Activity Monitor.
- Stop the NetBeans-related processes by clicking the Quit button.
- Go to the Apple Icon located at the top-left corner of your MacBook’s screen.
- Select About this Mac.
- Open the Storage Tab and hit the Manage Button.
- Select the NetBeans Icon from the list. Drag and drop the icon to the Trash Bin.
2. Deleting NetBeans with the Help of a Third-Party App
Sometimes, deleting NetBeans manually might be stressful. In this case, you can also use a third-party app such as OSX Uninstaller to uninstall NetBeans on mac Effectively. The steps to do so are mentioned below.
- Download the third-party app on your MacBook and launch it.
- Select the NetBeans Icon from the interface. Hit Run Analysis.
- Wait a few seconds for the uninstaller to detect a list of NetBeans files.
- Choose Complete Uninstall to start the removal process of the software.
- Select Yes from the new dialog box that appears.
- You will receive a notification that NetBeans has now been completely uninstalled.
- Close the Utility Window and restart your laptop.
How to Delete the Junk Files of NetBeans
Only uninstalling the NetBeans app isn’t enough. You also need to delete all the junk files related to it to complete the deletion process. Here’s how to uninstall NetBeans on Mac completely by deleting its junk files.
- Click Go from the upper-left corner of your screen and select Library.
- Open the folder named Application Support and delete the folder labeled NetBeans inside.
- Now go back to Library and open the Caches folder.
- Delete all the caches files related to NetBeans.
- Open the Preferences and Logs folder one by one. Delete all the files belonging to NetBeans in these folders.
- Empty your Trash Bin and restart your laptop.
- NetBeans will now be completely uninstalled from your MacBook.
Is It Necessary to Clean Out Junk NetBeans Files
It is vital to clean out the junk NetBeans files on your laptop as the unnecessary data will start clogging up your hard drive. As a result, your MacBook’s performance will slow down and it’ll have to work harder to find the programs and files it needs to access.
Other than that, the majority of the apps available on Mac are bundled separately. Due to this, even after the basic uninstallation of the app, it’ll transmit its configuration files at different locations.
Therefore, it becomes necessary to clean out the junk NetBeans files for the complete removal of the application.
Is NetBeans Free
NetBeans is an open-source and totally free integrated development environment that allows the users to develop different web, desktop, and mobile applications. What’s more, the app supports application development in different languages such as HTML 5, Java, C++, and PHP.
Can I Reinstall NetBeans on Mac If I Delete It
Yes, you can reinstall the NetBeans app on your MacBook even after you delete it. Here’s how you can do it.
- Visit the official website of NetBeans and download its latest version.
- Double-click the downloaded dmg file to start the installation process.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- The application will be installed under the location /Applications/NetBeans.
- Eject the dmg file.
- You can now use NetBeans from the Applications Folder.
Is NetBeans Good to Use in 2022
NetBeans is a great application for app development. It offers the debugging feature to the users. As a result, they can save their time by hunting down the errors with the help of the code to find the main cause of the problem. In addition to this, the app can easily integrate with web application servers such as GlassFiish and TomCat.
On the downside, NetBeans can sometimes crash unexpectedly when used for a longer period which can be frustrating to some people.
Is NetBeans Safe to Use
Yes, NetBeans is completely safe to use if you’ve downloaded the application from its official website. If your current version contains a virus, you’ve likely installed it from a site other than the official one.
In this case, you must delete Netbeans at once and download it from the authorized website. Follow the instructions mentioned above on how to uninstall NetBeans on Mac.